Thursday 27 November 2014

Daniel Henry: Early Iterative Design (Visual Brainstorms)

I sketched a few expressions & stances for the arctic fox, also showcasing some of the characteristics in my character profile sheet.
I then focused on the armour for the torso, just wanted to get a rough idea of how i want the Foxes torso to be covered.
The Next Stage was to experiment with the shin guards for the legs of my character, i mixed a few designs together until i was happy with the outcome. (Top right of this caption)
Existing Roman Helmets: I picked the design right above (Centre) to take forward and furthermore develop for my character as it complements the early concepts of my groups characters.

I wanted to design my character with a redesigned Roman shield, so i brainstormed existing Roman shields, quickly sketched a few and played with the size & shape of key elements such as the circular metal plate to furthermore enhance the concept.


The World History Book: Contains various information on Ancient Rome relevant to our project + realistic references & detailed illustrations. Has been one of the main sources of research for my character.
The website: www.mileskelly.net
ISBN 978-1-84236-571-7

No comments:

Post a Comment